In this post we will tell you a few working solutions to fix Error 0x80004005 in Windows 7. If you are a Windows 10 user and facing the same Error 0x80004005 in your PC or system OS, the following perfect solutions will also work fine for you with some minor or no changes in navigation steps only.
Let’s begin with the solutions with the introduction and causes of the Error Code 0x80004005 in your system or Windows 7 OS.
What is Error 0x80004005 in Windows 7
With respect to the Microsoft’s errors dictionary, the Error 0x80004005 comes under an unspecified error. This error issue can occur when you are running with low disk space On your PC or if your operating system has some corrupted files.
When this issue occurs the system gets freeze frequently, fails to boot up properly and many other software stops working properly.
Most likely, you will face the error at the essence of; sharing data through storage devices or using Virtual Machine, updating Windows, extracting .rar or .zip files, and other problems etc. As it is an unspecified error, you might face the issue at the time of executing some tasks in the system so we have mentioned here the most occuring problems and issues that come up with the Error Code 0x80004005.
Causes of Error Code 0x80004005 in Windows 7
- Outdated drivers
- System affected by virus or malware
- Windows is not updated
- Low space in C Drive
Top 9 Solutions to Fix Error 0x80004005 in Windows 7
Method 1: Run Scannow Command
- Click on the Start button on keyboard or open start menu from bottom left corner.
- Go to All Programs and then navigate to the Accessories option.
- Right click the Command Prompt and select the option of Run as Administrator.
- Enter the command sfc/scannow in the current displaying screen and press the enter key.
The process will begin to workable state and it will automatically execute and locate to fix the damaged files to resolve the Error Code 0x80004005 for Windows 7.
Method 2: Run the Troubleshooter to Keep Your System Up to Date
- Open Search Bar in your system by pressing the Windows key of go to the bottom left corner start menu to do so.
- Enter this command troubleshoot and press the enter key.
- Click on the Windows Update option and then Run the troubleshooter.
- Follow the displayed instructions in order to update your Windows OS
After finishing all the steps mentioned above, reboot your computer by pressing Alt+F4 key.
Method 3: Clear Temporary Files to Release Some System Space
- Press Win+R keys to the open Run box or open it from the start menu manually.
- Type Temp in the run box and then press the OK button.
- After opening the temp, choose all the files and press Shift+Del keys together to delete temp files.
- Now open your Run box and type %temp% command and press the enter key on keyboard.
- Delete all these unnecessary files from here by pressing Shift+Del keys all together immediately.
- The process will not mess up with your personal files so don’t need to worry. It will just help to delete the recently created cached and unnecessary files and will release some space from your C Drive so your 0x80004005 error will be fixed.
Method 4: Replace Your Anti-Virus
- You need to disable your currently active anti-virus software and then try using your Windows OS to see if it worked. Maybe the antivirus could cause such an unspecified errors.
- If the error 0x80004005 still exists even after disabling the antivirus program, you need to uninstall the active antivirus and then scan your OS with an another one to detect any virus that could cause 0x80004005 error. This method may help you to fix Error 0x80004005 in Windows 7 or Windows 10 also.
Method 5: Re-register Script Files
At the time of executing the compression related software, your OS runs some Java & VB scripts files. Follow the steps given in the following list if you are facing the error 0x80004005 during extraction process of the compressed files such as zip, rar, iso etc.
- Press Win+X+A keys together to open command prompt window or open it from the taskbar.
- Enter this command regsvr32 jscript.dll and press enter key from the keyboard.
- Now type this command regsvr32 vbscript.dll and press the enter key from keyboard.
- Restart your computer after finishing the above processes to see the error is fixed. Now, your 0x80004005 issue will be resolved and you will be able to use your zipped file without any trouble.
Method 6: Use Disk Clean-up
- Click on the Start menu from the bottom left corner of Windows and then go to All Programs and find System Tools given under Accessories.
- Select Disk cleanup from there as shown below.
- Check the boxes of ‘Temporary Internet Files’ & ‘Recycle Bin as shown in the image below.
- After choosing all the options we discussed above, press the ‘clean up system files’ given at the left bottom on the screen to begin cleaning up the disk.
- Don’t forget to Restart your system after finishing the steps. When you restart, you will see fix 0x80004005 error code. You would probably won’t see such error again.
Method 7: Delete a Registry File to Fix Error 0x80004005 in Windows 7
- Press Win+R keys together to open the Run box or open the run box from the start menu on the bottom left of the screen.
- Now type regedit in the Run box and press the OK button to get registry settings.
- Go to the this folder in the registry editing tool: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE>> SOFTWARE>> Microsoft>> Windows NT>> CurrentVersion>> AppCompatFlags>> Layers
- If you see any files like these as shown below, you are supposed to delete them; C:\Program Files\Oracle\VirtualBox\VirtualBox.exe”=”DISABLEUSERCALLBACKEXCEPTION
Method 8: Uninstall Microsoft 6 to 4
- Open Run command by pressing Win and R keys at a time or open from the bottom left of screen through start menu.
- Open Device Manager and you’re supposed to type msc inside the box.
- In the opened window, Select the View and then select ‘Show hidden devices’ from the drop-down menu to see all the hidden devices on your system.
- Extend all the other options shown inside the ‘Network Adapter’ folder.
- Press right-click on the file names containing Microsoft 6 to 4 and choose to uninstall all of these unnecessary bloatware files one by one.
- Restart your PC after following all the mentioned steps. Then check, the Error Code 0x80004005 in Windows 7 has been fixed Permanently.
Method 9: Add a Key to Registry file
If you are facing the error 0x80004005 at the time when you copy paste and files, you need to follow the below steps to fix this problem. You probably won’t be troubled ever again
- Open Run Box by pressing windows button and searching for ‘Run’.
- Type this command regedit and hit the enter key to open the registry editing interface.
- Go to the below path inside the opened window of registry edit regedit in Windows: HKLM_LOCAL_MACHINE >> SOFTWARE>> Microsoft >> Windows>> CurrentVersion>> Policies>> System
- Then Right-click on the blank area and then after clicking on New option, select the DWORD option (if you are using the 32-bit system) or the QWORD option (if working in 64-bit system)
- A new folder will be created and you need to rename it with the following syntax “LocalAccountTokenFilterPolicy”.
- Restart the system and check the performance after solving the issue. Your 0x80004005 error will be fixed.
I hope I have mentioned all the possible solutions that will be enough of help to fix error 0x80004005 in Windows 7 operating system or Windows 10 OS. However, If you have ever faced same particular error while performing some other tasks that are not mentioned this list, please mention that in the comment box so we can research our best and provide you the working solutions. We would love to research and provide you the useful solutions to fix all the errors.