If you have ever encountered the issue of Windows 8 App Not Working., you’re not alone. A lot of people encounter this Windows 9 App Not Working error everyday and look for its solutions. There are several reasons when you loose your access to your Windows App in normal mode of your Operating System. So you don’t need to worry about anything, we got you on this. We have gathered here the top 8 solutions to fix Windows 8 app won’t open issue so you can get full joys of your Windows 8. Try the given solutions we have mentioned in this post with patience and leave us your experience of resolving the said issue in the comment box below.
Reasons Behind Windows 8 App won’t Open
- Lower space on your PC
- Some software or Windows App files have been corrupted
- Denial of permissions due to corrupted user account
- Windows Firewall is preventing you to open the app
- Registry file issue
- Unsuitable screen resolution
Top 8 Solutions to Fix Windows 8 App Not Working in your System
Method 1: Give Permission to All Applications For Accessing the Windows App
- Open Windows Explorer by using short key Win+E or search for Windows Explorer from the start menu.
- Navigate to the View menu and put a tick on the checkbox shown besides “Hidden Items”. This method will help you to see all the hidden files and folders inside all of your storage drives.
- Move to the C Drive and then open Program Files from there.
- You will see a folder named as ‘WindowsApp’. Right-click on it and then tap on its Properties to obtain deep access.
- A window will appear which will have a lot of several tabs. You will have to navigate to the Security tab and then press on Advanced option available on the top of the Apply button.
- You will have to tap on the Continue button given inside the Permissions Window that will appear.
- Select the first principle with the name ‘TrustedInstaller’ and then click on the change link given at the top section of the currently active Window Screen Display.
- Just after you have tapped on the Change button, the next window will ask you to select the Object Types. Click on it and then select Group from the appeared window and tap the OK button to save all settings.
- Enter this command ALL APPLICATION PACKAGES inside ‘Enter the object name to select’ area to complete the whole process.
- After following all of the above details, tap the OK button.
- Now reset the permissions then restart your PC in order for changes to take effect.
Method 2: Use the Official App Diagnostic Tool (Window 8 app troubleshooter)
- To work this method, visit Microsoft official Website and download the apps.diagcab tool.(http://download.microsoft.com/download/F/2/4/F24D0C03-4181-4E5B-A23B-5C3A6B5974E3/apps.diagcab).
- After downloading the setup from Microsoft Website, click on the .exe file for installation and then tap the Advance option shown at the left-bottom of the displayed window screen.
Now you need to press the Run as administrator feature given below the ‘Troubleshooting‘ because with the help of the administrator permissions might you find more issues and solve your apps not working issue in windows 8 easily.
- If it asks you for the UAC the press the Yes button and follow the below steps.
- Now click on the Advanced section.
- Check the box displaying on the side of ‘Apply repairs automatically’.
- After putting a tick on the checkbox, tap the Next button.
- Follow the easy instructions given in the below methods to resolve the App not working issue if it didn’t worked yet.
Method 3: Reset your Store App Cache files
- Open Run box by pressing Win+R keys at a time or open it from the start menu.
- Now type this small command exe and then click on the OK button to open.
- Store window will open soon and then you should make sure to start removing the cached files to fix the issue of Apps not working in Windows 8.
- After finishing all the shown steps above restart your PC to see the effect and solve your apps not working windows 8 error.Also check, How to Defrag Windows 8.1?
To install Windows 8 and 8.1 Read our following articles.
Method 4: Scan and Repair Corrupted Files Using Commands
- Open command prompt by pressing Win+X+A keys together or open it from the Start menu or taskbar.
- Type this exact shown command sfc/scannow
- It will start the process automatically and fix the corrupted files if found on your storage devices
- After completing the process, reboot your PC to see the resolved issue of Apps Not Working Windows 8 Error.
Method 5: Re-Login to Your Account
Sometimes, the ‘Windows 8 app won’t open’ issue also happens because of that you have singed in for a quite long time. You can resolve the issue by considering the following steps one by one. Alternative method
- Open the logout menu to logout from Windows 8 by pressing Ctrl+Alt+Del keys together. A logout screen will be displayed
- Here, there will appear an option namely ‘Sign Out.’ Click on it and you will be signed out of your Windows 8.
- Reboot your PC now and then log in back to the panel to see if it worked.
- The solution will help you to remove the error “Windows 8 app not working.”
Method 6: Access Your System With a New User Account
If still, you’re getting no success in to fix the issue ‘Windows 8 app won’t open’, you must try once more by creating and accessing your system with a new user account as explained in the below steps.
- Open Control Panel by using short key Win+X+P at a time or open it from the start menu or Search Explorer.
- Tap the ‘User Accounts and Family Safety’ setting select on User Accounts. to create a new one.
- Select the option of ‘Manage another account’ to start creating a new username.
- Now press ‘Add a new user in PC settings’ option provided as the second last option on the currently active window.
- Tap to ‘Sign in without a Microsoft account (not recommended)’ option available just on the top side of the Next button.
- Now choose the option of the the ‘Local account‘. to create a new local account.
- After following all the steps we told you will receive a finish button, click on it and complete the process.
- Now, you have successfully made a new user account which means you can log in to it.
- Its strictly recommended that you to sign in with your newly created account after rebooting your PC Windows. Your Windows 8 app not working issue will be gone.
Method 7: Use PowerShell Command
If still you’re unable to remove the Windows 8 app not working issue then follow the remaining below methods.
- Type Win+X+A keys, respectively to run the Command Prompt window with admin privilege or open command prompt from the Start menu Window.
- Type this command inside the black screened Command Prompt window: PowerShell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted Add–AppxPackage –DisableDevelopmentMode –Register $Env:SystemRoot\WinStore\AppxManifest.XML
- The process will begin to fix the App related issue and you will be good to go.
- Don’t forget to restart your PC for changes to take the effects. Restarting is always an essential approach while fixing PC issues.
Method 8: Refresh your operating system
If the top solutions here on our post didn’t work for you, you can still give it a shot, last but not the least solution to solve the ‘Windows 8 app not working’ issue by refreshing your Win 8 Operating System.
- Press Win+C keys together to open the Charm bar on the display screen and then click on Settings to get professional access and fix your Windows 8 app not working issue.
- Move to the right-bottom of the page and choose to Change PC Settings to play with some options to fix your apps not working issue.
- Tap on ‘Update and recovery’ choice and again tap on Recovery to undergo a refresh for the system.
- At the top of the currently active window, you will see the button to ‘Refresh your PC without affecting your files’. Here, you will have to click on Get started to begin the refreshing method to fix app not working error in Win 8.
- It will soon show you the Next button. Click on the next button and follow the instructions displayed on the screen to proceed process onwards.
- After completing all the steps we have mentioned, restart the window to see the changes take place and effect.
- Keep in mind that the refresh option will never trouble your personal files. Now your Win 8 apps not working or apps not responding issue will be fixed.
The Final Thoughts
We have tried our super best to give you the maximum most possible solutions to ‘fix the Windows 8 app not working’ or ‘unable to open App on Windows 8’ or windows 8 app not responding issues. We hope for the best that the given procedures and methods will help you to resolve your concern about apps not working in windows 8 easily and simply.
Don’t forget to write in the comment box which solutions worked out fine for you. Also you can ask us if you have any other queries related to Windows or other technicalities so we can work our best to fix for you with research.